WHO LET THE WIG OUT OF THE BAG?
We have to confess it was us and guilty as charged but, we bet you couldn’t have guessed that our model featured is sporting one, did you?
It’s good right?
In this month’s VOGUE campaign, we wanted to voice that its totally a-ok to slip on a wig if your heart desires.
Be it a night out, a formal occasion, drinks with the girls, or as simple as going to the mall there’s really a “no access area” at the end of the day so this is your time to explore the beauty world of wigs.
The reason why we popped this #LaceWig on our beautiful international model is that, Mili has fine long dark hair and we wanted to change her look completely.
Check out her website if you don’t believe us. https://www.imgmodels.com/mili/london/development/portfolio
We may note that before the shoot date one week before this #HumanHairWig was 100% brown and long, so we gave the unit (another name for wig) a honey blonde balayage colour application and razored it to precision, gave the mid lengths a twirl with a #GHD flat iron so the end result had a RAW undone cool vibe to it.
Wigs can look absolutely natural which when done right………. looks beautiful.
Our main aim with this month’s campaign is purely to say and show you that you shouldn’t be afraid to try a wig.
If celebrities and models are sporting these on red carpets, tv interviews, and fashion events well why can’t we?
You may not notice to the untrained eye but, do you think Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, Emma Stone, Heidi Klum and the list goes on and on about how these stars have needed that extra longer length because they may have a sharp jawline bob existing? Or maybe adding a little extra thickness on the sides above the ears for volume?
Or dare I say adding a fun fringe piece to change your look up for the night?
Have we opened your eyes wide open yet with the secrets on how celebrities and models trick us?
We’re going to finish off by saying that when you go to the wig shop make sure you do/ask the below pointers and enjoy the new you in the making.
- Go to a reputable wig shop (ask your hairstylist here).
- Purchase a human lace/front wig (they have a invisible hairline and blends beautifully with your own hairline) and not a regular old fashioned one which will only make you look clown like which defeats the whole message).
- Gel or tape adhesive to secure wig around the hairline.
- Ask your hairstylist very sweetly if they could tailor your new trademark with a haircut and maybe a hair colour if needed.
- While you’re at it and bonding away with your hairstylist ask them to give you a lesson on the do’s and don’ts in caring for it.
Have a great month RAW fans and feel free to ask us any questions about the new you in the making.