How To Create Smooth Parisian Waves, According To Anthony Nader
Anthony Nader, hairstylist and owner of Sydney’s RAW salon, who’s past work experience includes styling models for Milan Fashion Week (and working alongside hair legend Luigi Murenu) shared with ELLE his tips for creating smooth wavy hair—straight from backstage.
“The look is an opulent woman that didn’t need too much fuss and knew how to carry herself. The hair reflected the feeling that was smooth and had airiness to it so it floats when walking.”
Five easy steps to smooth Parisian Waves
1. On dry hair, start by using lightweight foam from roots to the ends and brush through evenly.
2. Keep your part-line a bit off centre so it doesn’t look too contrived and smooth over the length with an extra-large paddle brush while using a hairdryer with nozzle attached to smooth down any roughness the hair might have. Also, using a boar bristle brush will keep split ends at bay.
3. Use your large barrel curling tong and take extra-long vertical sections starting from the front of the ear and wind back away from the face to the middle, then do the same in the other side winding back towards the middle. When winding the hair with the barrel tongs keep the sections vertical as you want to just create a ripple effect and not va va voom volume.
4. Mould hair tight and clean in the front and tuck the hair behind your ears, keeping the front smooth.
5. Brush the back and don’t restrict it from floating to enhance the softness.