The first week of spring marks our last week with Anthony Nader, purchase and boy, pharmacy did he make sure to bounce out with a bang! Shot in New York for German magazine Madame, no rx Anthony orchestrated a look with the sole purpose of creating contrast and movement around the highly graphic, structural styles that were worn on the day: “I wanted her hair to personify freedom, vitality, and high energy, so I made sure that the curls looked full and, in a way, kind of radical.”
The whole idea of countering an outfit with makeup and hair to achieve a kind of irreverent elegance is by no means a strictly editorial concept. Pair this ‘do with a boxy shift dress and white sneakers, and whip your hair back and forth into the weekend!
Get the look below:
1. Wash strands with Oribe Moisture & Control Shampoo and Conditioner to give more hydration and smoothness, then blot dry.
2. For enhancing and ensuring supple looking strands, use a golf ball size of Curl Shaping Mousse and Royal Blow-Out Spray and work through from roots to ends, then comb through with a wide tooth comb.
3. Section the top half away and clip, then smooth over the underneath section with a large paddle brush, as this makes drying a whole lot quicker. Then unclip the top section, place in your part, and smooth over here now as you did the underneath layer.
4. Now get your hot sticks, approximately 12. Take your time here and section out 12 even sections and clip them as you go so you don’t get lost with all your hair.
5. Wrap your sections now, ensuring you tuck the ends under and wrap the rod all the way to the roots, as this will give that extra body we’re looking for.
6. Once cooled right down, you can unravel the rods, tilt your head over, and give your new curls some energy and bounce by shaking the curls out. Pop your head back upright and then place into shape and you’re good to roll for the day.
Book your appointment with Anthony Nader at RAW. For more information on Oribe stockists in Australia, call 1300 725 122.
by Rose Howard for pagesdigital.com