Hair God Anthony Nader recently showed us how to achieve angelic, bouncy waves. This week, it’s all about attitude with roughed up, lived-in texture. He says: “This look is pulled from a shoot I did for Vogue Mexico, shot in Brooklyn at a skate park, of all places. How glamorous are the surroundings and who would have thought? In turn, I wanted my models hair to look more ‘Undone’ and relaxed to avoid looking over-the-top ‘Done.’”
Get the look with these steps:
1. After shampooing and conditioning, squeeze a golf ball size of Oribe Grandiose Plumping Mousse into your palms and rake through from roots to ends.
2. Blast your hair 80 percent dry with your hairdryer to cut down your drying time and then clip the top half away and smooth over the bottom layers with a medium size round brush and sculpt your sections with a curve so it has a bend.
3. Unclip the top section, place in your haphazard side part, and do the same technique as underneath, making sure you have that beautiful curve ever-present.
4. If you’re happy with how much bend you have, you can go ahead and apply your Après Beach Spray lightly by tipping your head over and scrunching the product in to give the hair more of a gritty beach texture. Otherwise, if you want more kick, grab your one-and-a-half size hot tongs and give your mid-lengths a bend all over for more movement.
5. Now rake out your tonged bends for a more natural result and go ahead and spray your Après Beach Spray now and shake it out and you’re good to go.
By Rose Howard for pagesdigital.com