DOES BRUSHING YOUR HAIR REALLY MAKE IT GROW, OR IS IT JUST ANOTHER OLD AGE BEAUTY MYTH?
Somewhere along the way, we agreed that brushing your hair a 100 strokes a night would keep it healthy and growing long. But does brushing your hair really make it grow? While this myth is about as lovely and real as Santa Claus, there are some legit ways to make your hair grow longer and faster.
We’re in an era where we are leaving some old beauty myths behind. While our grandmothers and mothers believed in shampooing often and brushing hair vigorously for a healthier look, we now know another reason your hair isn’t growing any longer.
You might be brushing it too often and too aggressively. Not being gentle on your scalp or hair strands while brushing can lead to thinner hair, or even worse- hair loss.
That’s the opposite of what you’re going for, right?
The two main ingredients if you will, for when you’re deciding on the right brush for you is either a nylon/boar bristle brush or the classic 100% boar bristle brush.
The nylon/boar bristle is better for those of you with thicker hair texture when you want to give your scalp a tingle with the tips of your bristles as the nylon has strength to it.
Whereas the 100% boar bristle is the good old all-rounder that works on all hair types and also gently distributes the natural oils evenly.
Check out our top 10 list of what our clients ask us that we will help you for your next brush investment.
The 5 Best Brushes For Fine Hair
- A Detangling Brush That Works On Wet Or Dry Hair
- A Gentler Version Of The Gold Standard Of Boar Bristle Brushes
- A Vented Round Brush That’s Perfect For Blow drying Fine Hair
- A Static-Fighting Cushion Brush That’s Perfect For Long Fine Hair
- An Affordable Boar Bristle Brush that will last
The 5 Best Brushes For Damaged Hair
- A Brush That Effortlessly Detangles All Hair Types
- A 100 Percent Boar Bristle Brush For Fine & Damaged Hair
- A Round Ceramic Brush For Blow Outs
- A Bamboo Paddle Brush For Dry, Itchy Scalps
- A Brush Made With Argan & Olive Oils For Added Moisture
Our image of beautiful Kerryn with Anthony brushing her hair on set was a complete BTS moment and we couldn’t of even planned this at the conception of our VOGUE shoot.
It’s crazy how something some this innocent became the finished result, so thank you Bonnie for snapping away while Anthony was brushing Kerryn’s hair……..it’s an epic shot.
On that note we may add that the brush used here was a Mason Pearson Handy size 100% boar bristle.
We retail all the Mason Pearson ranges and colours which you can also find www.sydneysalonsupplies.com.au/mason-pearson.html if you cant get to us in person.
Have a wonderful Christmas and well-earned New Year’s break RAW fans and many heartfelt thank you’s to the fantastic 2018 you gave us we really do appreciate.
Cheers to 2019 and to investing in the right bristles for your hair strands to have a healthy longevity.
The RAW team x
HOT SUMMER HAIR SERUMS
You know the poor innocent serum does still get a bad rap doesn’t it!
But if you use it properly your hair strands won’t look oily or dirty which,
we know can happen at some time when hair styling.
We’re big fans of using a serum and our clients are too but why?
Here’s our top do’s & dont’s for when your using this liquid gem in a
* Always apply your serum on damp hair strands and then blow dry in.
By doing this the serum and the other styling products you’re layering the
hair with, will absorb far better than on dry hair.
The serum in this case will never make your strands appear oily nor dirty
and will dry…………….which is key.
* Squeeze a few drops into your palms and then lightly work them through
your mid lengths and ends then finally the root area ‘if’ needed.
If you feel you need a few drops more because of the density of your hair,
then squeeze a few more drops and re apply.
But always think twice here before you take the plunge.
* For unruly course/curly/frizzy hair strands, a serum will be your always
be your bestie for the Summer months ahead.
Blow drying on damp hair with your serum applied will always give an end
result of mega high voltage shine factor.
* Never apply directly onto the root area as this will be the sure sign your
just got caught in a rain down pour.
* Be mindful when investing in a serum that you can test it before, so you’re
not wasting your hard-earned bucks.
Keep in mind that the heavier the oil, the oilier it may appear which will
also weigh down your hair strands quicker.
* For those of you with finer strands just keep in mind to go easy when
applying your serum and don’t be heavy handed.
Remember less is more.
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years RAW fans and also the biggest thank
you for your support for 2018 we really appreciate your ongoing loyalty.
Can’t wait to see you on the other side and look out for our January issue
of VOGUE for our next campaign.
WHO LET THE WIG OUT OF THE BAG?
We have to confess it was us and guilty as charged but, we bet you couldn’t have guessed that our model featured is sporting one, did you?
It’s good right?
In this month’s VOGUE campaign, we wanted to voice that its totally a-ok to slip on a wig if your heart desires.
Be it a night out, a formal occasion, drinks with the girls, or as simple as going to the mall there’s really a “no access area” at the end of the day so this is your time to explore the beauty world of wigs.
The reason why we popped this #LaceWig on our beautiful international model is that, Mili has fine long dark hair and we wanted to change her look completely.
Check out her website if you don’t believe us. https://www.imgmodels.com/mili/london/development/portfolio
We may note that before the shoot date one week before this #HumanHairWig was 100% brown and long, so we gave the unit (another name for wig) a honey blonde balayage colour application and razored it to precision, gave the mid lengths a twirl with a #GHD flat iron so the end result had a RAW undone cool vibe to it.
Wigs can look absolutely natural which when done right………. looks beautiful.
Our main aim with this month’s campaign is purely to say and show you that you shouldn’t be afraid to try a wig.
If celebrities and models are sporting these on red carpets, tv interviews, and fashion events well why can’t we?
You may not notice to the untrained eye but, do you think Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, Emma Stone, Heidi Klum and the list goes on and on about how these stars have needed that extra longer length because they may have a sharp jawline bob existing? Or maybe adding a little extra thickness on the sides above the ears for volume?
Or dare I say adding a fun fringe piece to change your look up for the night?
Have we opened your eyes wide open yet with the secrets on how celebrities and models trick us?
We’re going to finish off by saying that when you go to the wig shop make sure you do/ask the below pointers and enjoy the new you in the making.
- Go to a reputable wig shop (ask your hairstylist here).
- Purchase a human lace/front wig (they have a invisible hairline and blends beautifully with your own hairline) and not a regular old fashioned one which will only make you look clown like which defeats the whole message).
- Gel or tape adhesive to secure wig around the hairline.
- Ask your hairstylist very sweetly if they could tailor your new trademark with a haircut and maybe a hair colour if needed.
- While you’re at it and bonding away with your hairstylist ask them to give you a lesson on the do’s and don’ts in caring for it.
Have a great month RAW fans and feel free to ask us any questions about the new you in the making.