Anthony Nader gives us the blow-by-blow description on how to get the ‘no-chop-chop’ look as seen on smh.com.au
A major hair chop can be a real transformer and when Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Grace Hartzel sashayed onto Tom Ford’s spring summer runway it looked as if they had all taken the plunge.
According to hair stylist Orlando Pita,”Tom wanted to cut all of the girls’ hair off; this was my solution.”
Pita interpreted this extreme direction by creating a cleverly pinned short cut. He took the models’ hair, twisting and pinning the back section into submission and using his Recast Tinted Oil Spray Glazeand Climate Change Humidity Blocking Hairspray to create textured hair on top. The end result was hair that looked seriously cool.
Pita went on to say that the thing he likes about this hair style is that it will hopefully entice some real life chops.
“That’s the point; we want to inspire you to actually cut all of your hair off.” Australian hair stylist Anthony Nader worked backstage with Pit and gave us the blow-by-blow description on how to get the ‘no-chop-chop’ look.
Nader described the look as “dangerously sexy and very Tom Ford”.
The overarching brief was that Ford wanted “the models to look confident and strong with a little boyish attitude thrown in for good measure.”
“This hairstyle was a hit,” says Nader, “as everyone thought all the models had their famous locks chopped off when really they didn’t. It was really great and this style only took 15 minutes to produce back stage.”
Get the look
Nader talks us through the backstage steps:
· If your hair strands are super soft and clean just spritz a little sea salt spray all over, so the hair has some grab to it and blast over it with your hairdryer using a large flat paddle brush.
· Take a wide section at the top centre of your hair; brush it and smooth it back, then twist and secure this into a coil just below the crown then pull the coiled length to the front of your head.
· Next, take two side sections in front of your ears and direct them back to meet the original coil on your crown and pin these flat and forward with bobby pins.
· Tousle the pieces that have been brought to the front to mimic a pixie cut. To finish, spray with a light hairspray to keep hair in place.
· If all else fails set your hair stylist the task.